As a learning community, we believe that:
- Learning should be fun and challenging
- Learners need to learn via their own pace and style to reach their full potential (intellectually, spiritually, socially, emotionally and physically)
- A valued learner will reach this through encouragement and understanding
- Similarities and differences are respected in all individuals. Needs are catered for and each learner is unique and brings strengths and talents to the learning process as they strive to realise their own potential
- We need to empower learners to be lifelong learners, to be confident, critical, reflective, adaptable, open and informed thinkers that are proud of their achievements, take initiative and cope with change
- Classrooms and learning areas are learning environments and as such need to be conducive to learning
- Learners need and deserve respect from other learners.